Pondless waterfalls and streams require little or no open pond water meaning they are safer for children and animals.
The water flows from one end to the other where a false bottom conceals a water reservoir. For the best results, we recommend a good sized reservoir to reduce the need to top-up.
A hidden chamber sits below the gravel containing a pump which recirculates the water back to the top pf the feature. If you so choose, this type of feature does not need to include any streams or pools, it can simply be a cascade or a stream into the gravel. We recommend the reservoir allows for an inch or two of puddling water which is more attractive than bare gravel.
The feature below is a closed system, it does not require a constant flow of fresh water. The reservoir containing the pump and most of the water in the feature is below the gravel, we call this effect a false bottom.
- An alternative to a natural pond.
- Entirely unique and personalized for you, we can create them from natural rocks or metals like steel for a more contemporary aesthetic.
- Bespoke in-built filtration for crystal-clear water, no complex or moving parts other than the pump.
- Low maintenance.
- Low running costs.
- No complicated plumbing required for maintenance.
- Wildlife friendly – pumps are isolated in a submerged chamber.